Monday, May 12, 2008

Going to England!

I got an email this morning from my good friend Siobhan inviting me to England for the quilt festival in Malvern this weekend. So long story short, I've got my train tickets booked and I'm leaving Wednesday morning, woohoo!

Getting over to visit Siobhan has been on my to-do list, but I'm just terrible at organizing anything. This worked out well, to do it almost last minute and luckily my husband is in town to be with the kitties.

The goofy thing was how hard it was for us to call each other. This is my phone number as you'd dial it from the states, and here's my cellphone if you were calling in Paris... Wikipedia did come through though and I figured out how to dial the U.K. and drop the initial zero etc... It's been four years since I've seen Sio (not to mention my sweetie, Brownie), so this is going to be excellent.

Siobhan and I will be going to the Malvern festival on Friday. Anyone else going? If you see us there, definitely say hello. I'll even wear the same blue shirt I'm wearing in my profile photo.

Yesterday I managed to spill tea all over my computer keyboard, which was bad enough, and the electrical transformer. eek. Got it unplugged before anything fried (fingers crossed) and I'm using the laptop right now.

I hardly have any photos on here (and yes, I know I need to backup photos more frequently) but I do have pics of the Moda Jelly Roll I'm using for my 9-Patches. It's the Citrus roll:



Isn't it gorgeous? I added darker blue and purple, but otherwise this is the color scheme of my current blocks. I have to give a big shout out to Moda Customer Service. I sent an email asking what colors where used in this so that I could buy more and I got a reply the very next day. Thanks, Barbara!

I edited this post to add the fabric colors for this roll:

  • 9880-26 cyan blue
  • 9880-64 california turquoise
  • 9880-82 hot purple
  • 9880-92 flag red
  • 9880-97 jungle leaf
  • 9880-98 jungle lime
  • 9881-42 sweetheart
  • 6727 orange
  • 9804 bubblegum pink
  • 9870 bright yellow

21 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Exciting, exhilarating fun! I'm ecstatic for you both.

Thanks for taking a snap of the jelly roll you used. That's perfect.

Good news to hear Moda was so helpful. We probably all like to hear that. Thanks for sharing.


...can't believe Pokey didn't get equal time with the Jelly Rolls. Hmmm...

Maya said...

It is uncanny - maybe it was the day for spilling tea on keyboards yesterday. I spilled tea on my laptop's keyboard. Fortunately it didn't cause any dead keys, but some are a little tough.

Enjoy your trip to England!

Joyce said...

Wow! Lucky you to go to a big quilt festival. The Jelly Roll is fantastic.

Teresa said...

I hope that you will enjoy Malvern. I will be there on Friday - I'll definately look out for you.
By the way, I really like the blue border for the 9-patches

Holly said...

Fun with a friend at a festival - have a great time!

jovaliquilts said...

Have a great trip -- sounds like loads of fun!! I'm looking forward to lots of quilt pics.

That jelly roll photo needs to be framed and hung on the wall. Either that or put on the end of a lollipop stick! It's yummy.

Amanda said...

You put me to shame. Here are you coming all the way to England for the quilt show and here's me thinking it's too far from Surrey to Malvern!

Sharon said...

Wowsers! Have a great time in England. Sounds like a great quilt festival. I'm jealous! And I'll wish for sun for y'all!

Unknown said...

Enjoy Malvern Tonya - sadly I'm not going this year - but don't expect anything the size of the US biggies - it's quite small in comparison but you know what they say Good things come in small packages - have fun! And the Cotswolds are glorious at this time of year

Diane said...

OH GOSH, HAVE A GREAT TIME!

julieQ said...

Yummy delicious jelly roll! Have a wonderful time on your trip!

carolyn said...

that jelly roll is your colors!
wish I we're going with you to the quilt show...but alas I can't hop a train to get there.

siteseer said...

Okay, so I'm an amateur quilter. Do fabrics come in that jelly roll thing? Does it come in different sizes? That is just too cool. Have fun at the quilt festival. Looking forward to reading about it.

Magpie Sue said...

Have a blast in England! Any chance you'll get to see other sites as well?

Quiltdivajulie said...

I have sworn that I wouldn't buy any more jelly rolls but this post is causing me serious problems! Those colors are fabulous (and your photos are awesome).

Have fun in England!!

Sandy's Quilter's Block said...

Those colors are really, WOW! It's going to look great. You're so lucky to be going to the quilt show, have a fun time :o)

Journeying said...

I've been drooling over the Citrus colors any time I see a picture of the charm squares (where you see little bits of all of the colors instead of just one piece at a time)and seeing your jellyroll just makes it worse . . . can't wait to see what you do with it.
I'm jealous of you going to England for the quilt show - jealous that it's so (relatively) easy for you to do things like that.
Enjoy!!!!

ForestJane said...

Ohh, have fun, u2! I like the blue too, on your 9 patches. I'd be tempted to put on a skinny border of the blue, another row of nine patches, then a thicker row of blue. ;) I think that's what Pokey's trying to tell you... rip off some of the nine patches and use them between borders. :D

But I really like pieced borders.

Tanya said...

That's a great picture of your jelly roll!

Have a great trip and take lots of pictures!

Lynda said...

fabric is so yummy, isn't it. and no calories! Hope you enjoyed Malvern. Since we hav had such a busy week with hospital visits etc I decided to give it a miss this year. Will you be going to the NEC in August?

Cher said...

moda citrus huh? these are so my colors....yummy!