Tuesday, November 13, 2007

More Pont Neuf Trolls

I took a long walk yesterday with my quilter friend Will. We actually had sun, it was gorgeous and we strolled along the southern bank of the Seine, which I hadn't done before. I can never remember if that's the left bank or the right bank.

I didn't take any photos, but here are some Pont Neuf trolls by my uncle Morey. (see my post here for the trolls on the other side of the bridge). These are the ones Will and I saw yesterday.







The trees have all lost their leaves now, but this is what Paris looked like back in October:

I have to make this a quick post today - there is a box that HAS to go in the mail today and I'm not done creating the contents yet.

Finally, a link to Ms Glaze, who made me laugh with her post on the perils of learning to swear in a Michelin-starred French restaurant. Very funny. Go read it here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your gargoyles remind me of the ones on my little house here in the UK. Maybe I should use them for inspiration in a quilt. Love your work, wish I was in Paris too.

Quilting Pirate said...

I love the eyes of your gargoyles, soooo staring you down. Very nerving ya know?!

Anonymous said...

Your photo with the juxtaposition of all those bridges is stunning!

Anonymous said...

these are fabulous!

Susan said...

What a rich art heritage there is in Paris - so much inspiration at every turn. I begin to see why generations of young people have gathered there to study art!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to me! I feel honored! I thought that post would get boo-ed right out of existence.

I love the troll pics of Pont Neuf. I was told a story about them by a historian that I will have to look up for you. Apparently they were modeled after one French king's cabinent (can't remember which one) and not in a very nice way as you can tell. There was much controversy over the bridge because of the ugly portrayal.

Thanks again for the link and keep on quiltin'

Bises,
Ms. Glaze

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh yes, that many bridges photo is amazing. Glad you had some nice weather to wander about in :)

YankeeQuilter said...

Those trolls are great! One reminds me of an former boss - not kidding! Heard there are more stikes this morning...hope they don't effect you too badly.