Monday, February 05, 2007

Feeling Sleepy

Sorry it's been so long since my last post, but I've really been dragging the last while. It's been easier to sit in the recliner and do Sudoku with a cat or two or three curled up on my lap rather than get up and do anything. Baby Pokey in particular has been needy and wanting to sleep on me.

To catch you up quickly: my endocrinologist says I'm doing well and he sees no need for the radioactive iodine treatment; my Dad started wheezing and sneezing and really reacting badly to the cats so he and my Mom have returned to winterly climes; Mom's eye problem turned out not to be a detached retina (which is good) just a problem with "floaters" - little bits of her eye that float around obscuring her vision and which nothing can be done about (not good) but will hopefully go away on their own; my husband has thrown himself into work and is doing well.

I know I'm regaining energy etc, but it's not a continual improvement -more of a roller coaster. Gonna take another few weeks to really be back to normal. Had some gorgeous sunshine and I was getting lots of hand quilting in, but the last few days have been overcast and rainy, which just depresses me.

Movie recommendation: "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" - a fun take on film noir. It plays with the detective genre (think Sam Spade and Philip Marlowe), but sticks to the genre "rules."

TV recommendation: TNT ran a "The Closer" marathon last night and I got way sucked in. It's a police drama set in fantasy CSI-land where the cops have infinite manpower and financial resources and solve every crime really quickly. Very enjoyable. Tried "Psyche" and totally hated it - very geared for young men, it seems to me.

So to wrap it up, I'm doing well though I'm a bit cranky. Don't worry if I'm out of touch, I've been taking multi-day breaks from the computer (horror of horrors, I know). See ya.

26 comments:

Joyce said...

IT's really good to see a blog from you again and to know that you are doing well. You would like our sunshine here-its so bright you need sunglasses to go out in the snow. Unfortunately, it's -35 to go with it. Lol. It's incredibly fresh and invigorating, believe it or not. Perfect quilting weather. Hope you make it to Paris soon.

His Office, My Studio said...

It is nice to hear from you! Sit in the recliner as long as you need. Baby Pokey looks very content.

Finn said...

Hey Ton, what's important is doing what makes you feel better and more like yourself again..don't worry about whether it's recline with cats or sleeping, blog or no blog. There are bound to be days like that, especially after what you've been through.
Hang in there, and keep enjoying what works for you..*VBS* Enjoy the time and sun while you have it. Hugs, Finn and Ebby

Unknown said...

Sitting in a recliner and doing Sudoku sounds pretty good. It's not being lazy--you're just recharging your batteries.

Sassenach said...

Good to hear from you!

I've read that cats sense when we don't feel well and will hover close by. Perhaps Pokey isn't needier, but is trying to comfort you.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Glad to hear at least things can get better for you. But actually coming over and jsut taking naps with you sounds mighty fine to me!

Candy Schultz said...

It is good to see that you are on the mend.

Granny said...

Thanks for posting, I've been kinda concerned about you. Just drop in and say hi every once in a while, ok?

Glad to hear things are looking up, even though it's a long process.

Fiona said...

Nice to hear from you, Tonya. Hope you continue to improve, even if it takes a while.

Carol said...

Kitties, sudoku, quilting, sounds like a perfect thing to have happen, but glad to read that things are looking up. Keep getting well. Lovely to read another post from you.

Clare said...

Pokey's looking after Mum and making sure she doesn't do too much. You keep safe. We will all still be here when you feel like chatting.

x

Unknown said...

Good to hear from you Tonya - you just listen to your body and only do as much as it lets you - in no time at all you'll be up and running in Paris - it's cold over here in Europe, keep soaking up the Florida sunshine when you have the chance

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to hear first that you are cancer-free, and that now you are on the mend. I hope that it's not too much longer before you can join your hubby in Paris (maybe after winter is past and you can enjoy the springtime in Europe!).

YankeeQuilter said...

so glad to hear things are coming around...take care of yourself. I think Pokey is trying to keep you pinned downn in the relciner so you don't overdo it!
Sio

Lois R. said...

So good to see a post from you again! So glad you had some sunshine to enjoy, but sorry to hear that your Dad got overwhelmed by the kitty allergies. I'm glad your folks managed to hang in there as long as they did. Enjoy the time recharging your batteries and doting on the kitties.

Angie said...

Hey girlfriend, so glad to see that you are still among us! LOL I've been thinking a lot about you as we do our parallel thyroid journey. My energy levels are also like a roller coaster. I'm pulling for us both to feel much better SOON!!! :P

Judy said...

I can relate, and knew you wouldn't be around too much. Glad that the kitties are keeping you company! Good news on the treatment front. ANY idea when they might let you go to Paris?

We love the Closer, but missed the marathon? You have to take all these shows with a grain of salt. Can't handle "Psyche" at all. The guy who plays the lead over-acts so badly that it makes me want to slap him silly. It could be a good show if they let him calm the heck down a lot!

I just love pictures of sleeping babies! So pretty and sweet! Take care!

Rae said...

I'm glad you are doing better. Get lots of rest and let your fur babies coddle you. Something about those warm little bodies really helps one feel better.

Shelina said...

So glad everybody's health problems are on their way to recovery. Take care of yourself.

Sarah said...

Hi Tonya - good to see your post and know that the babes are taking care of you. Take it easy while you can and enjoy our Florida sun before you head to Paris.

Carol E. said...

Great to hear from you again, Tonya! Everything has already been said. I'm just adding my friendly wave to the pile of messages.

Sweet P said...

I was thinking about you today. I've been busy and not near the computer myself. I'm glad to hear you're getting better. Enjoy your time with the cats. They are seeing that you get the rest you need.

Lily Mulholland said...

Hey Tonya - glad the puddytats and sudoku are keeping you company. Excellent that you're taking it easy in your recovery. Hugs to you.

Cher said...

good to hear from you-hope you can set a date for Paris in the near future-once your energy level is up of course. I think it's great that you are taking it easy-apparently the kitties do too-we enjoy The Closer a lot...

Susan said...

Glad to know you are doing well. What's the estimate on how long before you can join DH in Paris?

Dee said...

I have dropped before and read your blog. It is so good to see you are blogging again and you are on the mend. I love your cat. I have four cats and three dogs and Phoebe, my tuxedo cat is a snuggler. I just love her.