Wednesday, May 31, 2006

beading class

Beading class was fine, I just wanted to be at home instead. I'm working on a multi-strand necklace in purples and blues with some silver and pearls thrown in just because. Not quite sure how it's going to look or how much I like it. The only way to know is try it out. Here's a very dark picture:

I've only managed to get 2 1/2 strands done, so it won't be exactly like this, but this kind of idea.

I think I've officially entered summer hibernation mode. It's just too darn hot out there. I want to be at home with my kitties. Speaking of which, Lily was a most excellent cat last night and slept with my sweetie. Everybody wins.

In answer to ForestJane's question, no, I don't hand-dye my own fabric. Those brightly colored fabrics in my bed quilt leftovers were Bali Fabrications, Kona "hand-dye", Free Spirit, Hoffman Bali, Moda Marbles and numerous others.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice looking beads in gorgeous colours Tonya :o) you are clever

Cher said...

this is a stunning looking necklace..I hope you end up liking the one you are working on.

Lily Mulholland said...

And there I was thinking that was your work! Well the strands look gorgeous. I hope yours works out and looks as beautiful.

I am in awe that you all know the names of your fabrics! I just buy 'em :D

Finn said...

Morning TOn, gotta say I'm thinking if I don't get moving a bit faster, I'm gonna miss the lower case alpahabet...darn!!! I'll hurry!!
Love the Flower Pot, it seems so "you" and yet, not you...but I love it.
Great improve on the pattern ideas!

Beading looks great, love the colors you use...much like the colors of the lower case letters..*VBS* Have a great weekend!! Stay in and stay cool!!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Love the colors - very much you!

Darcie said...

Ooh! Can't wait to see your beaded necklace, Tonya. Working with cool, watery colors sounds like the perfect thing to do when it's unbearable outdoors.

Hope your sweetie likes this one!

OK. It's really not unbearable outside today...but can I play hooky from work and bead a necklace too? ;-)

The Lone Beader® said...

This necklace is going to look gorgeous!!